Friday, September 14, 2012

Into the Woods 2

I have to admit that I actually really liked this show. At first I thought it was going to be boring and kind of a
waste of time, but I really did enjoy it. The play was funny with a few sad events, but with the questions about how the characters can relate to real life it sort of put things into perspective. But that can be a whole different blog of itself if we break down each character and their part in the story and how they relate. So let's just get down to the rest of this movie and the prompt that I chose.

Near the end, the witch says to the other characters still alive "You're not good, you're not bad, you're just nice. I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right." What's the difference between nice, good, and right? And which is better (and why?)?


As always the difference between all three of those are different between each person and their mindset. But for the majority of the population I would have to say that the difference between  nice and good is that anyone can be nice. But anyone can be good too, right? Even though a person can be nice there is a slight chance that they are not good. There are people that use their "niceness" for bad things. But there are also people who can use their "goodness" for bad things. But then where does right fit in? Right?Just because you're right doesn't mean that you're nice or that you're good. There are a few times where the witch would say the things that everyone was thinking but nobody wanted to say it. And she was right. She was a witch and "supposedly" the bad guy, but she was right. Personally, I think that being right is better than being nice and/or good. Everyone can be good and nice or both, but there are a few people in certain situations that will be right. Not that their way is right, but the fact that under any circumstances they are brave enough to say what others are thinking. Some people could go as far as saying that they are "mean" and "rude" or other negative suggestions, but it's the fact that they, and I, are willing to put ourselves out there and clear the air. That is what I think is the difference between good, nice, and right.

No comments:

Post a Comment