Friday, September 7, 2012

Into the Woods 1

Alright, I 'm not going to lie. The first time I watched this movie I had a little difficulty paying attention (Thank goodness Netflix had it on instant!) After I watched it the second time, I thought about what was required and what we should be thinking about while watching the show and how we thought about it and could relate it to our real life. I thought about the first prompt for awhile and I have to say I have no idea what the woods mean. It seems like it could be anything you think it would represent whether it be representing the journey through life from point A to point B or it just means that it gives the characters time to wander around in life looking for what they set out to have.

I, personally, could relate more to the second prompt of proverbs than the other. One proverb that stuck out to me was when Jack said "The difference between a cow and a bean is a bean can begin an adventure." Why did it get my attention? It made me start thinking that a bean is something that can start out small and turn into a tall wild tree with branches going from one direction to another. (That's how we are, right?) We start as a little single/multi cellular organism that becomes fertilized and then grows into a human being that has a life where they are searching for the right answers to their own questions. That's what a bean does in a non searching type mode, right? I mean, they get planted, add some water occasionally and BAM! they turn into a bean stalk the creates its own beans and grows up to the sky and all over the ground. We, human beings, pretty much do the same thing. Just add water(life situations) let us create our own 'beans'(results/knowledge) and we can pass it on to others so there is more knowledge all over. What does the cow have to do with the proverb? Honestly? I have no idea. Unless the cow is somehow representing some other significance that I cannot figure out.

Another proverb that I like was when (I can't remember the character's name) says "The harder to get, the better to have." It reminds me of certain times in my life (I'm sure I'm not the only one) where the road to get what I wanted looked so long and tiring that there were times where I just wanted to quit and never try again. But knowing that the harder I work for my goal (of whatever it is) the closer I will be to enjoying my goal and knowing that many people are struggling with a similar road and I know how and what to help them with to get them to reach their goal just like others did for me.

This movie was actually enjoyable and had many references to life itself. It definitely made me think about how to respond for this blog post and I hope you enjoyed reading and hopefully it makes sense too.

No comments:

Post a Comment